Sunday, August 07, 2011

My world came crashing down

Tonight, I learned from my Mom that she and my Dad is getting a divorce.

It came from the fact that my Dad has been 'stealing' a lot of things around the house, the latest being garden hoses. I think it's the fact that he's jealous of her making more money than him (he being a construction worker close to retirement and her being a foster care home operator + medical transportation manager). Also the fact, that he's approaching 70 and is getting 'old people diseases' (Alzheimer disease, arthritis, etc).

Apparently it started before my older brother went to school on the mainland and my parents went with him. My Dad was talking to other people in his usual loud self (like he knows it all) and my Mom and brother wanted to avoid him, but they had to keep an eye out for him because he easily got lost. Earlier, he left my Mom at a hardware store with no ride and had to call someone else to take her to do her errands.

I know my Dad likes to keep to himself, but I wish they would have gone through counseling first and work it out, but I guess it's time to move on. The family won't be the same now that I know.

Why am I the last person to know these things?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home